In this module, participants will be able to:
- Define history, play and culture and reflect on the history of outdoor play.
- Examine the relationship of the history of play and playgrounds and consider the culture of childhood and the implications of culture on play.
- Reflect on the image of children outdoors and foundational concepts for teaching and learning outside.
- Examine how historical thinkers have influenced outdoor play for children.
- Relate the history of toys and games to the current culture of childhood and outdoor play.
- Examine strategies for embedding culture in early learning environments related to outdoor play and learning.
- Internet Connection
- Speakers with Volume “ON”