In this course, participants will be able to:
- Define what is meant by curiosity, the levels of curiosity and the cycle of curiosity.
- Explain four types of curiosity.
- Describe the link between children’s curiosity and the role of early learning teacher in developing the disposition to support curiosity.
- Examine types of strategies that early learning teachers use in the outdoor environment to enhance children’s curiosity with materials and spaces.
- Internet Connection
- Speakers with Volume “ON”
- Strategy 1: Examine Space and Consider Potential Experiences
- Strategy 2: Offer Materials and Opportunities
- Strategy 3: Take Time, Look Closely, Ask Questions
- Strategy 4: Noticing and Suggesting
- Strategy 5: Encourage Questioning and Theorizing with Children
- Strategy 6: Talk it Out, Draw it Out and Document
- Programming with Intent – Beginning the Cycle