In this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of sustainable development in early learning programs and how Indigenous teachings about the environment support all children in developing knowledge and environmental stewardship.
- Describe ways in which sustainability pillars can be embedded in early learning outdoor play programming.
- Explain how outdoor play and culture intersect with environmental sustainability.
- Analyze how environmental programming in early learning programs relates to the roles of early learning teachers and environmental pedagogy.
- Outline strategies that early learning teachers may use to enhance environmental sustainability practices.