In this module, participants will be able to:
- Define what is meant by loose parts and the theory of loose parts.
- Explain how loose parts support children’s curiosity, exploratory experiences and new knowledge creation.
- Describe how children playing with loose parts contributes to them developing schemas, assimilation and accommodation strategies, and varying play experiences.
- Outline the role of early learning teachers in creating environments and promoting children’s play with loose parts.
- Examine types of strategies that early learning teachers use in the outdoor environment to support children in having access to and gaining benefits from loose parts.