In this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe foundations of children’s learning from a psychology, family and cultural perspective.
- Explain how Bronfenbrenner’s ecological framework relates to children’s, families’ and early learning teachers’ dispositions and connections to outdoor play experiences.
- Define what is meant by dispositions and how dispositions relate to children’s attitudes and outdoor play experiences and learning.
- Describe what is meant by family involvement and family engagement.
- Examine types of strategies that early learning teachers use in the outdoor environment to support and strengthen children’s dispositions about outdoor play.
- Internet Connection
- Speakers with Volume “ON”
- Defining Dispositions and How They Relate to Outdoor Play
- Dispositions and Outdoor Environments
- How Children Learn Through Outdoor Play
- The Relationship of Dispositions to Children’s Experiences and Learning
- Engaging Families in Supporting Children’s Dispositions and Learning Outdoors
- How Outdoor Play Strengthens Dispositions of Children with Special Needs