In this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe foundations of children’s learning from a psychology, family and cultural perspective.
- Explain how Bronfenbrenner’s ecological framework relates to children’s, families’ and early learning teachers’ dispositions and connections to outdoor play experiences.
- Define what is meant by dispositions and how dispositions relate to children’s attitudes and outdoor play experiences and learning.
- Describe what is meant by family involvement and family engagement.
- Examine types of strategies that early learning teachers use in the outdoor environment to support and strengthen children’s dispositions about outdoor play.